Genetic studies to determine the risk of non-ischemic sudden death: review article
Estudios genéticos para determinar el riesgo de muerte súbita no isquémica: artículo de revisión
Keywords:Heart diseases, Sudden death, Genetics, Genetic Counseling
Heart disease is the cause of sudden death in more than 80% of cases. Ischemic heart disease is the cause for 90% of all sudden cardiac deaths, while in the remaining 10% of cases, heart diseases have a hereditary origin and comprise a wide spectrum of disorders that include cardiomyopathies and channelopathies. The aim of this review is to highlight the importance of genetic counseling for patients with hereditary cardiovascular disease and its evaluation by a multidisciplinary team.
Copyright (c) 2022 Revista de la Facultad de Medicina Humana
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.